- This event has passed.
National Whiskey Sour Day
August 25, 2015
AUGUST 25, 2015 is National Whiskey Sour Day.
If you were like us at The Drink, this was probably one of the first drinks you illegally ordered, thinking it made you cool and edgy.
The whiskey sour is a mixed drink containing whiskey (often Bourbon), lemon juice, sugar, and optionally, a dash of egg white. It is shaken and served either straight up or over ice. The traditional garnish is half an orange slice and a maraschino cherry.
Three months after college and you probably were tired of throwing this concoction up on your bathroom floor and was ready to move on to some of its more sophisticated variations like the Boston Sour or the Ward 8.
Enjoy a Sour today and Check out Drink Du Nuit’s: Ward 8 Recipe
DRINK du NUIT: Ward 8
2 ounces Rye or Bourbon
1/2 ounce freshly squeezed lemon juice
1/2 ounce freshly squeezed orange juice
1/4 ounce Pama Pomegranate Liqueur
1/2 teaspoon Grenadine
1/2 teaspoon Luxardo Maraschino Liqueur
1 maraschino cherry
Fill a cocktail glass with ice and place in the freezer to chill. Place the rye or bourbon, lemon juice, orange juice, Pama, Luxardo and grenadine in a cocktail shaker. Fill the shaker halfway with ice and shake vigorously until the outside is frosty(30 seconds). Strain into the chilled glass.Garnish with a maraschino cherry.
- 2 ounces rye or bourbon
- ½ ounce freshly squeezed lemon juice
- ½ ounce freshly squeezed orange juice
- ¼ ounce Pama Pomegranate Liqueur
- ½ teaspoon grenadine
- ½ teaspoon Luxardo Maraschino Liqueur
- 1 maraschino cherry
- Fill a cocktail glass with ice and place in the freezer to chill.
- Place the rye or bourbon, lemon juice, orange juice, and grenadine in a cocktail shaker.
- Fill the shaker halfway with ice and shake vigorously until the outside is frosty(30 seconds).
- Strain into the chilled glass
- Garnish with the maraschino cherry.
Tiny URL for this post: